Friday, January 2, 2015

Tips for New Year's Resolutions

I think it is rather naive when people set a million different resolutions for themselves for the new year, especially when they do not have a plan that will enable them to feasibly reach them.  But picking a few goals that are simple yet will provide a huge payout is certainly a worthy endeavor.  Here are two goals that I would consider to be among the most worthy and practical resolution's one could have.

Goodreads does a reading challenge every year that I just discovered: https://www.goodreads.com/challenges/3082-2015-reading-challenge and the benefits of finishing a whole book--not just reading tons of short bits of writing--cannot be underestimated.

I've signed up for the challenge, to read 36 books this year, about three books a month.  I picked this goal because I'm normally reading three books at the same time: some literary fiction, something in health and fitness, and something philosophical/theological/spiritual.  I think it is a useful challenge to pose towards oneself, even if your goal is only to finish one book this year.  If you've never been much of a reader and if reading one book is your goal, you will probably exceed that challenge and discover that you had no idea how much you were capable of reading, let alone how much you could actually come to enjoy it.

Another resource that may be useful is Jamie Eason's Livefit Trainer: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-trainer.html  This was the program that I followed which introduced me to lifting.  And now, several years later, I might be considered a seasoned lifter.  If anyone has a resolution to get more fit this year and to make fitness a permanent part of one's lifestyle, this is a great program to follow.

If you have any other ideas on worthy resolutions and useful resources, please share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment