Monday, August 20, 2012

Guest post...

...from a younger Martha!

I used to consistently blog on xanga, and it was nice because you got consistent readership which encouraged you to stay committed to blogging, which encouraged you to stay committed to thinking about things worth thinking about and sharing them. However, the audience pool you get is really hit and miss, and having that consistent audience also leads to you slowly tailor your posts to their personalities/interests/potential criticisms.

I ultimately decided that readership is not my main goal, and that I want my mindset in posting to stay targeted toward a broad audience rather than just the people who happen across my site.

So here I am, on blogger, with no readership, hardly any consistency in posting, but enjoying the medium nonetheless. I saved all my xanga posts before I deleted the site, and I had some good stuff, so here is to reviving old thoughts.


"Growth" from September 4, 2009

When we are born, we are born completely egocentric and completely in the care and trust of humans. The purpose of our struggle until death is to die completely humble, and with complete trust in God. We die completely independent of the human, terminal, earthly things; and we die with a completely objective understanding of life and reality--something that can only be achieved by humility.

My memory's failing but I remember two things very clearly: I'm a great sinner and Christ is a great Savior. - John Newton

No comments:

Post a Comment